Hello, sweet friends!
I was recently nominated for my first award within the blogging community by the lovely Sophia of https://sophiaaxo.wordpress.com. Thank you tons, Sophia!
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the questions.
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
- Ask them three questions.
SOPHIA’S QUESTIONS FOR ME:
1. What is your favorite film?
I’m one of those people, I cannot pick just one favorite thing. I have several favorite movies, but here are my recent three favorites.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower: I love this one because it celebrates being different in the repressive environment that is high school.
Hindi Medium: This Bollywood film is one that I recently saw in theaters with my parents. It’s a real tear-jerker that sheds light on the cruel realities of the Indian school system.
Pleasantville: I saw this one at a film festival and attended a panel by the director, Gary Ross. This witty comedy has a lot of awesome commentary on racism in the United States in the 1960’s.
2. If you had three wishes, what would they be?
- I would wish to bring justice to the world in all necessary areas.
- I would wish to cure all illnesses, both physical and mental.
- I would wish for my parents and I to all die at the same time, that way they don’t have to ever live without me, and I don’t ever have to live without them.
3. If you were a flavor ice-cream, what flavor would you be?
I am actually lactose-intolerant, I have been for about a year and a half now. It’s difficult to become lactose-intolerant after many years of enjoying ice cream, pizza, and chocolate. But, hey, that’s life.
That being said, I would be an almond-milk-based cake batter flavored ice cream with vegan cake chunks. This is my dream ice cream flavor (which I am still in search for).
I hope you all enjoyed my answers to these questions that Sophia gave me! Once again, be sure to check out Sophia’s blog and let her know that I sent you!
The rules are that I must nominate a minimum of 8 other bloggers for the award, but I wanted to specifically nominate five bloggers whose content I love. These five women are astounding individuals, and I am so excited to nominate them for this award.
Asha from http://www.lifebyashasingh.com
Diana from https://paperairplanes8.wordpress.com
Saadia from https://invincibleamy.wordpress.com
Larissa from https://lifewithlarissa.com
Jessi from https://www.facebook.com/jessivitz/
MY QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
- What is your favorite flower?
- Do you identify as a feminist? If yes, why? If no, why not?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
Alright, folks, that’s it!
(p.s. the flowers in the cover image are from my backyard! my mama is a talented gardener!)
A post that I wrote for my friend, Asha of http://www.lifebyashasingh.com, that will be on her blog on Wednesday, May 31st. The post will be talking about my thoughts on Donald Trump’s presidency thus far.
Be sure to follow me on my social media to ensure that you are notified when all of my posts that are not on IIB are posted.
I write for The Odyssey Online, The Spread Magazine through UIUC, and Hear My Voice Online. I will be writing several guest posts throughout the month as well. I decided that I will no longer be doing monthly newsletters on the blog, so stay tuned via social media my loves!
My Facebook Page is: https://www.facebook.com/indirasinnerbeauty/
My Instagram is: @midha_ind